Since I’ve missed an entire month of blogging, I’ll just fill you in on 5 blessings from the month of May:
1) Highlight of the month was definitely our trip to Philadelphia (which may be the closest our girls will get to experiencing brotherly love). The city was impressive to be sure, at least what we saw from the car. Far more impressive are the dear people we went to visit. We came back refreshed, not only from the relaxing and fun (of which there was plenty), but even more from being spurred on toward love and good deeds in Christ our Lord from great friends. Thanks again guys!
2) Hired a college guy (I’m just not old enough yet to call them kids) to work on finishing some projects around our house. What a relief and an answer to prayer! I think he’s done more on our house in a week than we have been able to in 6 months.
3) We put year 1 of homeschool to bed. Overall, I’d call it a success. Chris keeps reminding me that progress is being made little by little. I would dare to say that we have a routine now, a word that I used to liken to a prison has now become a freedom.
4) All the babies are regularly sleeping through the night! This is no small praise to the Lord. He has been increasing our faith by answering these seemingly trivial yet desperate cries for help in the wee hours of the morning. He cares about small things!
5) Lucy is talking, a little, but she is talking. Per usual with her, just when we start thinking it’s time for some intervention, out pops the milestone. She says “hi, bye, mom, dad, uh-oh, baby, emmy, go, no,done” and she’ll repeat most things when she’s in the mood. It’s pretty exciting.
We have so much to be thankful for. The Lord is so very gently sanctifying us day by day. We are learning to be like Abraham when Paul says about him, “No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.” (Rom 4:20-21)